Thursday, January 20, 2011

An update on the snow

Just a quick update on the snow - I mentioned in my last post that the weather here had been unseasonably warm and there was no snow. How things can change in just a few days! It had been getting noticeably colder the last couple of days, and today, with its temp of around 2C, was easily the coldest I've experienced so far, especially with the wind chill coming off the lake.

Then, early this afternoon, I looked up from my desk at work and suddenly gave a small shriek, startling my team mates - snow! It was very light snowfall - what some people would call a snow flurry - but it was falling snow nonetheless. At first it was very brief, only 30 seconds' worth or so, but more snow fell for longer a bit later.

Unfortunately I didn't get photos, but if it snows again I will get a couple and edit this post by including them. My team mates were all amused - as you can imagine - but nobody can take away my delight at finally seeing some snow fall! Hopefully more snow will fall, especially in the mountains, and then in a couple of weeks Emperor D and I can go up to the snow fields. Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee! The Europeans love us Aussies getting so excited by snow. But it is LOVELY!!! Did you catch some on your tongue? I think there is a photo of me floating around in my friend's collection of me in the courtyard of the Royal Academy of Arts catching snow on my tongue. Enjoy the white stuff!!

    ReplyDelete